Job Title: Network Engineer 4
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 10-01-2020
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a Network Engineer 4 to become part of the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Communication Network (GNC) Development Team in Huntsville, AL.
The team supports the development of designs and network planning as well as the implementation and validation of network communication systems. Work is performed at the direction of senior team members.
Responsibilities include all aspects of the product design, development, integration, test and implementation through the Product life cycle for incorporating changes identified by Program personnel. This includes analysis of integration, and procedures needed to meet and mitigate requirements changes. Additionally, the candidate is expected to be able to resolve technically challenging issues and proactively contribute to the evolution of the Product.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
– Design, develop, configure, integrate, install and test network systems primarily consisting of Cisco, UNIX, Linux and Windows based LAN/WANs.
– Derive detailed designs with supporting implementation, test and transition plans.
– Usher proposed system changes through the Configuration Management process to successful implementation and delivery to the customer/operator
– Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
– Create and update Visio drawings of network and rack elevation diagrams
– Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network system issues
– Support UNIX, Linux and Windows based networked systems
– Work with vendor support for hardware issues
– Interface with DISA
– Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position including supporting product installation and checkout at operational and test locations
– This position may be filled at either a Principal Network Engineer or Sr Principal Network Engineer level.
– Principal Network Engineer requires 5 years experience with Bachelors; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree; 3 years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
– Sr Principal Network Engineer requires 9 years of experience with a Bachelors; 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree; 7 years with a Masters
– US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain and maintain Department of Defense Active Secret Security Clearance
– Hands-on experience with TCP/IP networks (copper and fiber)
– Hands-on experience with Cisco routers, switches and firewalls
– Hands-on experience with network evaluation and troubleshooting
– MDA experience
– GMD experience
– Hold or be able to obtain a current industry recognized certification such as CCNA
– Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting (GSEC, GICSP, SCCP, Security+ CE or CCNA-Security)
– Active Security Clearance
– Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design
– Experience working in SCRUM and AGILE environments highly desired
– Experience with cross-platform applications on various OSs
– Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology, understanding of development release cycle and operations, Source Control and Version tools
– Hold a current industry recognized certification such as CCNP, CCIE, or JNCIE
– Experience working with DISA, local and long-haul circuit vendors
– Experience working with MILSAT/COMSAT systems
– Experience with network design, virtual environments and cyber systems design is preferred
– Experience with communicating/coordinating highly technical requirements with team members is a priority due to competing priorities and demanding deadlines
– Experience with vigorous change management environment and the ability to document and text all changes prior to implementation
– Experience with performing technical, operational, and security risk analysis for new changes and technologies and the ability to articulate risks in a succinct manor
– Experience with all layers of the OSI Model and configuration of networks with routing protocols, packet captures, ACLs, firewalls and security
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org