Job Title: Applications Development Team Lead
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 11-02-2021
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a software Applications Development Team Lead to become part of the C2BMC Team in Huntsville, AL.
The Applications Development Team Lead has overall responsibility to ensure the C2BMC Platform & Infrastructure (P&I) software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate the C2BMC system. High level responsibilities include:
– Define, implement, and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville, AL and Colorado Springs, CO).
– Research new technology and tools to determine their applicability to the C2BMC environment.
– Perform trade studies and make recommendations about which technologies provide the most cost effective, and lowest implementation risk, while providing a high performance software development environment.
– Once tools are selected, oversee the incorporation and integration of the selected tools into the Software Development Environment (SDE). This includes performing the required coordination with Configuration Management, Security, and Information Assurance representatives.
– Document the configuration and use of the SDE and act as a trainer and mentor for the software developers using the toolset.
– Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset.
– Coordinate the activities of P&I Apps staff at other development sites.
– Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites.
– Bachelors degree from an accredited college in related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with minimum 6 years of professional experience (while more senior level experience is acceptable). Candidate must meet minimum requirements of DoD 8570 IAT II certification (Security +, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP).
The candidate must have substantial expertise in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include:
– Recent hands on application development experience and expertise in the use of the Java programming language.
– Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous development.
– Experience managing a code baseline which supports multiple hardware and software baselines in the field utilizing a trunk based development.
– Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures.
– Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
– Experience evaluating different toolsets and providing recommendations for use. Experience on both Windows and Linus platforms is required.
– Hands on experience with Software Development tools such as Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Nexus, JUnit, Confluence, Collaborator, SonarQube, JIRA, Jenkins, UCC and Fortify.
– Familiarity with Information Assurance (IA) implications and processes, which is critical to the selection of applicable products that meet the overall system sustainability.
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization. The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes, and procedures. Travel between development sites may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org