Job Title: Analysis/M&S Systems Engineer 3
Job Type: Full-time
Job Status: Interviewing
Date Posted: 07-07-2021
Company Address: CohesionForce, Inc.
Street: 101 Quality Circle
Suite: Suite 140
City: Huntsville, AL 35806
CohesionForce is actively seeking candidates for a talented and motivated mid-career Systems Engineer or Analysis to become part of the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Team in Huntsville, AL. GMD is currently the only deployed strategic system that can defend the United States from long range attack by threat ICBMs. We need a motivated and innovative candidate with experience in missile defense concepts, operations, and software programming. The applicant should have demonstrated ability to conduct analysis on a wide variety of data while leveraging engineering knowledge and insight. The candidate must have experience working on a missile defense program or a relevant component or program (radar, IR sensors, space programs, military command, control, and battle management, etc.)
Additionally, the candidate must be able to describe or demonstrate work they have done in the past that involved the ability to collate large amounts of disparate data, format data and process via software scripts they have written (or industry tools such as Matlab), extract relevant data, and use engineering principles and/or simulations to analyze the data to assess performance of a system or component and explain why something occurred in the data.
The preferred candidate will have an aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or physics background and direct experience applying their educational background to assessing missile defense performance, designing such systems, or analyzing why something has occurred at the system level.
The candidate will apply expertise in engineering/physics to perform systems performance analysis on the GMD system and must be able to assess and dig through data to problem solve and understand why the system performs the way it does through an understanding of the data and underlying concepts. The candidate will help train and mentor other engineers in conducting performance analysis. The candidate will use simulations of the GMD system to characterize performance and assess technical performance measures that are derived from simulation output. The candidate will need to present and explain results to other engineering teams and managers in a clear and concise manner. The candidate should have strong technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
– Experience in using Monte Carlo simulations to produce performance data.
– Experience in modeling and/or assessing performance data for a missile defense system or relevant equipment.
– Experience in writing software scripts and tools to automate processes such as quality control checks, data formatting, and managing runs on a blade server cluster.
– Position requires a current Secret Clearance and U.S. citizenship.
– Principle Engineer: A bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 5+ years of relevant experience or Master degree in a technical field and 3+ years of relevant experience or PhD with studies in a technical field with 0 years minimum experience.
– Bachelor’s or Advanced degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
– Basic understanding of common missile defense concepts such as system and source tracks, application of radars to tracking, covariance and error, defended area, and the kill chain concept of operations. Also, demonstrated ability to apply these concepts to assess performance of a missile defense system or component.
– Experience working in a missile defense program (GMD, Aegis BMD, THAAD, etc.)
– Experience in leveraging aerospace concepts to develop software scripts.
– Ability to write scripts in Matlab and/or Python.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com